[Cryptography] DIME // Pending Questions // Seeking Your Input

Ladar Levison ladar at lavabitllc.com
Thu Mar 5 04:11:54 EST 2015

On 3/2/2015 4:27 PM, Peter Fairbrother wrote:

> I kinda liked the image field too - treat it a bit like an icon.
> Optional, of course.
>
> Plus whatever the cryptographic protocol needs. That should be enough.
>
> And in general, that's all the data which should be in the signet,
> nothing else belongs there.

Note the multiple signatures. This will allow implementations to "split"
the "core" cryptographic portion of a signet from the "full" signet,
which contains the optional "information" fields, like the image,
address, phone number, etc. "Splitting" is mentioned in the current
draft, along with definitions for the different types of signet, but it
wasn't fully discussed.

One of the survey questions I submitted to the list asked whether org
signets should also support "splitting?" Currently, only user signets
can be split.