[Cryptography] Dilbert on WiFi password security

Ryan Carboni ryacko at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 20:46:44 EDT 2015

Well, I'll get to find out whether the Metzdowd archives can save picture
attachments.

I find it odd that Ethernet and Wifi are both designed to be used in a 100%
trusted environment. The use of DH-1024 (with random primes) and DES-X
(wifi and ethernet both require substantial hardware circuits anyway) would
be sufficient to deter most malicious actors.

I mean, all I need to do to eavesdrop on either one is to simply... connect.

I don't know what international standards committees are doing, but the
fact that USB condoms are a thing should be some sort of indicator? Maybe?