[Cryptography] Anyone know of crypto hooks in webmail systems?

Tom Ritter tom at ritter.vg
Wed Jun 17 13:53:00 EDT 2015

On 17 June 2015 at 09:59, Phillip Hallam-Baker <phill at hallambaker.com> wrote:
> Anyone know of these or similar hooks?

No, nothing standardized or even formally committed to, that I'm aware of.

I would look at how Google's and Yahoo's plugins do it.  I have to
assume they're doing the same thing everyone's done for years: grab
the div id's out of the source code, and hardcode them.  *But* since
Google and Yahoo are doing this internally themselves, there's less of
a chance that the ids will change out from underneath you in a way
that invalidates your technique.  (Which was always the problem
before.)  You can also look at how Mailvelope does it.

-tom