[Cryptography] Sunday Times Snowden Decryption claims

Phillip Hallam-Baker phill at hallambaker.com
Mon Jun 15 20:16:26 EDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 4:43 PM, Ralf Senderek <crypto at senderek.ie> wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Jun 2015 19:44:55 Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
>
>  NSA can break any encryption.
>>
> Really?
>
>  That is just a fact.
>>
> Based on which evidence?
>
>  So it is time that we have to admit it and remove all the silly export
>> restrictions on encryption algorithms that can be broken because
>> everything can.
>>

> I'm amazed to read such an assertion on this list at all.

Really?

When a publication as authoritative and respected as the London Sunday
Times states that Russia can break NSA crypto at will, who can gainsay them?

The original story was so absurd I thought it more interesting to point out
that it actually argues against their objective rather than in favor.