[Cryptography] A "koan" about crypto

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Sun Jun 7 02:30:36 EDT 2015

On 6/7/15 at 7:15 PM, l at odewijk.nl (Lodewijk andré de la porte) wrote:

>I'm very out-of-love with people suggesting not to implement cryptography.
>
>Mostly because I've done some and done it as well I could. Then I read some
>people saying I should ESPECIALLY NOT DO WHAT I JUST DID. Then I read why,
>and find I did it all correctly because I learned about what I was doing.

>Saying "don't implement for you will fail" is just putting the F into FUD,
>and keeping everyone crypto-dumb.

I have done the same thing. Perhaps we should be saying, "Sure,
go ahead. But don't deploy it for anything important until it
has been reviewed by comptent reviewers."

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz        | If the site is supported by  | Periwinkle
(408)356-8506      | ads, you are the product.    | 16345
Englewood Ave
www.pwpconsult.com |                              | Los Gatos,
CA 95032