[Cryptography] [FORGED] Re: Why is ECC secure?

Tony Arcieri bascule at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 13:06:16 EDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 5:04 AM, Peter Gutmann <pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz>
wrote:

> >This is just more FUD.
>
> Just wondering, do you actually read the messages you're replying to, or do
> you just trigger off certain keywords in them and spout out a response?

This is my way of telling you your claims are inconsistent with reality. To

On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 2:03 PM, Peter Gutmann <pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz>
 wrote:

> Sure, just give me about ten years or so until we've built up some
> real-world
> experience with it

ECC is widely deployed and used today and has been for over a decade. The
concept is some 30 years old. Montgomery curves are 28 years old.
Curve25519 is 10 years old.

(because currently we have basically none, which is what
> makes it easy to claim there's no problems)

This claim is not consistent with reality.

--
Tony Arcieri