[Cryptography] Graphs for asymmetric crypto?

Steve Weis steveweis at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 16:54:30 EDT 2015

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 12:39 PM, Pawel Veselov <pawel.veselov at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Are there any articles or papers, or just the lists wise opinion that
> outline how using graphs for asymmetric crypto stacks up against RSA and
> ECC?

Do you have specific graph-based schemes in mind? Or are you asking about
graphs in crypto in general?

I've seen a paper about cryptosystems from isogeny graphs of supersingular
elliptic curves (https://eprint.iacr.org/2011/506.pdf), but have not read
it. The main advantage compared to RSA and ECC is that it's supposed to be
post-quantum. I don't know of any implementation or adoption.

There also has been work on building hash functions from expander graphs.
That doesn't seem relevant to your question.