[Cryptography] Whitening Algorithm

Krisztián Pintér pinterkr at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 17:48:55 EDT 2015

Rob Seward (at Thursday, July 23, 2015, 4:50:03 AM):
> I’m trying to whiten a random noise source (a reverse biased
> transistor) with a low-powered microprocessor.

i know you want review of your algo, but instead i give an idea that
might work for you.

use a small cryptographic sponge in duplex mode, for example
keccak[200, r=8] reduced to 6 rounds. this sponge instance has 96 bit
security, and requires only 25 bytes of memory. this is a very safe
solution, although of course a magnitude slower than yours, and also
needs a fair bit of code.