[Cryptography] Caspar Bowden has died

Paul Wouters paul at cypherpunks.ca
Thu Jul 9 17:13:52 EDT 2015

On Thu, 9 Jul 2015, John Young wrote:

> Privacy activist Caspar Bowden has died
>
> https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fnetzpolitik.org%2F2015%2Fdatenschutz-aktivist-caspar-bowden-ist-gestorben%2F&edit-text=

Caspar was instrumental to achieving privacy and fighting the
surveillance state. His achievements speak for themselves.

Personally, when I met him about 15 years ago when he was at FIPR,
he was an inspiration to me to keep working on privacy and ubiguous
encryption. That the fight for privacy is much bigger than a few crypto
geeks coding in their basement. He inspired and motivated me to keep
doing my little bits in the grand scheme of things.

Paul