[Cryptography] Is there a better way to discuss/publish new attacks?

Natanael natanael.l at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 20:27:27 EDT 2015

Den 8 jul 2015 20:13 skrev "Bill Cox" <waywardgeek at gmail.com>:

> I do not know anyone who I can discuss these algorithms with, so I have
no choice but to post attacks without any review by anyone else before
hand, or not post my security concerns at all.  That, plus my lack of
experience in this field lead to most of my posts being half-baked and
ignorant of prior work.  If you say "go research the prior work first", go
suck an egg.  I do that all the time.  You can't absorb this whole field in
a few months.

> Is there a better way to discuss new attacks?  I really enjoy them.  My
son told me, "Dad, I didn't know you liked being evil."  I responded, "But
only evil for good."  :-)

We at https://reddit.com/r/crypto would be interested. Discussions about
the cryptographic security of implementations are more than welcome.
Cryptanalysis in particular. (Plus, you can frequently edit prior posts
with updates without spamming all the participants.)