[Cryptography] The Crypto Pi

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Mon Jan 12 22:32:31 EST 2015

On 1/12/15 at 6:06 PM, mitch at niftyegg.com (Tom Mitchell) wrote:

>The R-Pi is the most commonly available worthy low cost board with millions
>in the wild.
>Newer boards like the Beagleboneblack are quicker.

I have both boards, and I can think of advantages for both of
them. When Both are based on "Systems on a Chip" (SOC), which
have the CPU, memory, and all the controllers on one chip. I
think they were both designed for set top boxes.

I went to get the hardware manual for the Broadcom based
Raspberry PI, their web site said, "Contact our sales
department." When I went to the Texas Instruments site for the
Beaglebone, I downloaded an almost 5000 page PDF.

As for hardware Trojans, I think your attacker here is more
likely to be the MPAA than the NSA, but I certainly could be wrong.

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz        |Security, like correctness, is| Periwinkle
(408)356-8506      |not an add-on feature. - Attr-| 16345
Englewood Ave
www.pwpconsult.com |ibuted to Andrew Tanenbaum    | Los Gatos,
CA 95032