[Cryptography] Imitation Game: Can Enigma/Tunney be Fixed?

Henry Baker hbaker1 at pipeline.com
Thu Jan 8 11:46:55 EST 2015

At 07:42 PM 1/7/2015, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
>On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 3:23 PM, Ray Dillinger <bear at sonic.net> wrote:
>
>On 01/07/2015 10:11 AM, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
>I think people fail to take account of the advantage Enigma gave the NAZIs early on. The Blitzkrieg strategy would have failed without efficient and secure battlefield comms.

The history books still haven't caught up with reality.  In North Africa,
the Allies were apparently able to beat Rommel because Rommel emailed
his next day's plans back to Germany each evening.  But then the Allies
had to work hard to explain how they were able to beat the genius
Rommel w/o breaking his codes.