[Cryptography] Why aren't we using SSH for everything?

StealthMonger StealthMonger at nym.mixmin.net
Sun Jan 4 02:42:42 EST 2015

Henry Baker <hbaker1 at pipeline.com> writes:

> Why aren't we using SSH for everything?

Because it's useless for an untraceable pseudonym.  SSH security is
based on a /connection/.  It has low latency, allowing a resourceful
adversary to correlate packet traffic and volume between source and
destination, quickly identifying the owner of the pseudonym.

Contrast with email through anonymizing remailers with deliberately
long, random latency, where the security is in the /message/.

--

 -- StealthMonger
    Long, random latency is part of the price of Internet anonymity.

Key: mailto:stealthsuite[at]nym.mixmin.net?subject=send%20stealthmonger-key