[Cryptography] keybase.io

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 17:20:54 EST 2015

On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 12:30 PM, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:
>> having a way to authenticate together the online identities of folks
>> could be useful.
>
> to the nsa, yes.  but how is it useful to the users?  e.g. i do not see
> a way to leverage it to solve the "first date problem," key exchange
> with a new remote friend.

I don't think keybase serves much legitimate or useful purpose either.
Nor do I buy the first date argument... you can always find enough
reference to init and/or have enough back context to validate. If not,
there's no more basis there than random chance, for which you'd be
nuts to begin passing comms.