[Cryptography] Photon beam splitters for "true" random number generation ?

Bill Stewart billstewart at pobox.com
Tue Dec 29 21:19:16 EST 2015

On 12/28/2015 9:49 PM, Arnold Reinhold wrote:
> Here is an alternative technology that might serve for key storage:
> Ferroelectric RAM (FRAM) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferroelectric_RAM

> https://www.adafruit.com/products/1895 , sells a 256K-bit (32K-byte)
> FRAM module with an I2C bus interface for $10, single quantity. 32K is
> more than enough for key storage, except for one time pads. It should be
> easy to interface one to a Raspberry Pi, Beagle Bone, or Arduino board.
> Maybe someone could design a 3D-printed holder for one of these with an
> I2C connector and keychain attachment point.

The Texas Instruments 430 processor line has some FRAM versions
available; it's similar in power to an Arduino (I think the FRAM chips
are 16-bit rather than 8-bit) and they've got cheap demo boards.
Not much memory, but probably enough for most kinds of calculations,
very low power consumption (though your I/O or display is still going
to be the big power consumer.)