[Cryptography] Photon beam splitters for "true" random number generation ?

Tom Mitchell mitch at niftyegg.com
Sat Dec 26 23:26:31 EST 2015

On Fri, Dec 25, 2015 at 1:01 PM, Arnold Reinhold <agr at me.com> wrote:

> On 24 Dec 2015 10:50 Ron Garret <ron at flownet.com> wrote:
>

>  said, “It’s turtles all the way down.” Well dice are turtle free.
>
> You could well argue that the computer we do our encryption on are not
> turtle free either,

Slightly smaller turtles here (Oberon):

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/xcell_articles/91-5-oberon-system-implemented-on-a-low-cost-fpga-board.pdf

And here Magic-1
  http://www.homebrewcpu.com/

I do think it is important to cross check things with a mix of old and new
hardware
and a mix of hardware vendors as well as software.

Emulators and interpreters have their place as well.   A PDP-8 is hard to
find
but emulators run faster and are easier to service and program.   Worthy
languages
like FORTH can be bootstrapped with a hex editor by a single person.

--
  T o m    M i t c h e l l