[Cryptography] What should I put in notifications to NSA?

Tom Mitchell mitch at niftyegg.com
Sat Dec 19 17:41:21 EST 2015

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 8:29 PM, Phillip Hallam-Baker <phill at hallambaker.com
> wrote:

> I am working on staging the code for the Mesh on SourceForge.
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mathematicalmesh/
>
> There is this bit to do:
>
> You must notify BIS and the ENC Encryption Request Coordinator via
> e-mail of the Internet location (e.g., URL or Internet address)

This reminds me of the one universal reason to apply for any permit and
that is:

    "To comply with the law".

Without a gaggle or your own qualified legal staff and a bucket of $$,
simply file.  You might note that it is unclear to you that the filing
is necessary and that the notification may fall into the abundance
of caution bucket.

--
  T o m    M i t c h e l l