[Cryptography] What should I put in notifications to NSA?

Phillip Hallam-Baker phill at hallambaker.com
Tue Dec 15 23:29:58 EST 2015

I am working on staging the code for the Mesh on SourceForge.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mathematicalmesh/

There is this bit to do:

You must notify BIS and the ENC Encryption Request Coordinator via
e-mail of the Internet location (e.g., URL or Internet address) of the
publicly available encryption source code or provide each of them a
copy of the publicly available encryption source code. If you update
or modify the source code, you must also provide additional copies to
each of them each time the cryptographic functionality of the source
code is updated or modified. In addition, if you posted the source
code on the Internet, you must notify BIS and the ENC Encryption
Request Coordinator each time the Internet location is changed, but
you are not required to notify them of updates or modifications made
to the encryption source code at the previously notified location. In
all instances, submit the notification or copy to crypt at bis.doc.gov
and toenc at nsa.gov.

What do folk normally do here? I was thinking of giving them the URL
of the repository and a statement to the effect that by complying I do
not wave my first amendment rights