[Cryptography] Photon beam splitters for "true" random number generation ?

Jerry Leichter leichter at lrw.com
Mon Dec 14 15:24:43 EST 2015

>> The last time I paid attention to the Nevada Gaming Commission random
>> number generation rules, the one thing they did not require was random
>> numbers.  They required statistical distributions that were uniform over
>> long time spans.  I.E. It was within the rules to skew the results one way,
>> then the other, providing the odds remained the same in the long run.
>
> Now you've done it.
>
> First it was the Easter Bunny.  Then it was Santa Claus.
>
> Now the Nevada Gaming Commission.
>
> My world is shattered.
>
> About the only people left whom I can still trust are the NSA & the FBI.
You do realize that the reason traditional electric clocks are accurate are that the electric power companies maintain a steady, predictable 60Hz - except that they don't, really, they too only "guarantee" (a) slow drift; (b) long-term accuracy.

Just thought you needed to know that to help you in your new world-view.

"Know yourself.  If you have trouble, call the FBI."

                                                        -- Jerry :-)