[Cryptography] The Code Talkers

Tom Mitchell mitch at niftyegg.com
Thu Aug 13 18:06:07 EDT 2015

We explored the difference between code and cryptography previously...

That should not diminish the work that our Code Talkers did when needed.
I believe the last WW2 talker has passed.  I hope I am wrong but
to remember them and why we needed them is a sobering memory.

My Dad fought in the islands in a unit that suffered 600% casualties
and was even bombarded by friendly naval gun fire because of a communication
screwup.

Code, languages, cryptography all have a common need and that
is communication and reliability.   Secrecy also gets involved but
without communication and reliability ....

Well enough said by me... it is worth looking at the Youtube and other
on line communication including alternate words, authentication,
and other quality work that made it all work.  The life long learning
investment in an uncommon language was an important part of
the whole.

--
  T o m    M i t c h e l l