[Cryptography] Threatwatch: CIN - Corruptor-Injector Network

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Mon Aug 10 18:06:49 EDT 2015

On 8/10/15 at 9:26 AM, leichter at lrw.com (Jerry Leichter) wrote:

>Network and system architectures may prove more pervasive and
>thus much harder to change than things like military strategy.

I think it is too late for capability model OSs. The change in
thinking needed to program in the KeyKOS, CapRos, Coyotos, etc.
model is too far from the way people put applications together
with Apache, shell scripts etc. and the Unix file system and
security models.

Never mind the the capability model is almost exactly the object
model without globally available objects, a model that most
programmers have used. That's how you write a program, not
integrate a system.

I agree with Tom that the only bright side is the attention
these issues are getting. It seems to me that the TLS 1.3 effort
is greatly simplifying the protocol. Of course if you must be
backward compatible, then it won't help much. We didn't get into
this mess in a day and it will take many days to get out of it.

A wise man once said, "If you find yourself in a hole, the first
thing to do is stop digging."

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz        | If the site is supported by  | Periwinkle
(408)356-8506      | ads, you are the product.    | 16345
Englewood Ave
www.pwpconsult.com |                              | Los Gatos,
CA 95032