[Cryptography] asymmetric attacks on crypto-protocols - the rough consensus attack

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Thu Aug 6 18:09:35 EDT 2015

On Aug 6, 2015, at 9:46 AM, Ray Dillinger <bear at sonic.net> wrote:

> Design it carefully.  Then build it.  Be sure it's working as
> designed.  Then if and ONLY if you can do it without compromising
> the design, see if you can actually comply with those standards
> without breaking its security.

In keeping with this advice, I am pleased to announce that my super-simple (<1000 LOC + TweetNaCl) PGP replacement, SC4, now has a command-line version written in Python.  If crypto in the browser made you queasy, this is for you.

https://github.com/Spark-Innovations/SC4

NOTE: This is an ALPHA release.  It has undergone only very cursory testing (I would really appreciate some help with that, actually).  The web version of SC4 has been audited, but the Python version has not (though it was mostly ported directly from the Javascript implementation, so it should not have any gaping holes).

Feedback of all sorts very much appreciated.

rg