[Cryptography] SRP for mutual authentication - as an alternative / addition to certificates?

Ray Dillinger bear at sonic.net
Tue Aug 4 14:14:36 EDT 2015

On 08/04/2015 07:29 AM, Carlo Contavalli wrote:

> Sharing the cookie / encryption / ... across multiple requests /

I consider SSL session reuse to be a vulnerability.  It gives
an attacker additional time to break the SSL key before cutting
in with a "reuse".

We have already seen downgrade attacks that put SSL keys within
reach given an amount of compute power that can be achieved by
a modest cluster in a matter of a few minutes.  Session reuse
can give an attacker literally hours to break an SSL key.

				Bear