[Cryptography] the TOFU lie - or why I want my meat...

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Tue Apr 14 21:17:34 EDT 2015

On 4/15/15 at 4:24 PM, iang at iang.org (ianG) wrote:

[Re: NSA etc.]
>We don't dare.  We know they will attack.  But we are about
>making it non-costless, and forcing a cost on them.  We have to
>do this because there is no other cost on them right now, and
>they are in danger of turning their rampage across society into
>a police state.

The big danger from NSA's scarfing up everybody's data isn't
today. The evidence is that the people who run NSA today are
generally in favor of some view of traditional American freedom.
The danger is that someone like J. Edgar Hoover notices how much
power is stored in those archives and works himself into a
position to start the American Stasi or KGB.

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz        | Re: Hardware Management Modes: | Periwinkle
(408)356-8506      | If there's a mode, there's a   | 16345
Englewood Ave
www.pwpconsult.com | failure mode. - Jerry Leichter | Los Gatos,
CA 95032