[Cryptography] Untrusted Turtles all the way down

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 18:12:39 EDT 2015

> How come, therefore, the security "solution" always presented is to pile yet another "trusted" turtle to the stack, in hopes that this will _increase_ security ?
>
> E.g., "UEFI" now looks more like "goofy" in retrospect
>
> "Turds all the way down" ?

Because of stupid demands for backwards compatibility.
Until you convince people of the harm in that, it'll be one
turd on top of another forever. The IBM PC platform and its
applications and users are a perfect example of everyone
bleating for backwards compatibility and resisting change.

It's similarly why "email" as we know it cannot be fixed.
The only way to fix all its issues is to *replace* it.