[Cryptography] The Trouble with Certificate Transparency

Greg greg at kinostudios.com
Sat Sep 27 21:12:55 EDT 2014

On Sep 27, 2014, at 6:10 PM, Greg <greg at kinostudios.com> wrote:

> Currently, nothing in the CT proposal detects these MITM attacks, before, during, or after they happen.

(*that is, nothing automatically detects the attacks. As explained in prior emails, Monitors could query all of the logs and search all of them for mis-issued certs, and that's problematic for reasons previously explained.)

Sorry for all the followups. Please read the entire thread next time.

- Greg