[Cryptography] science of security, NSA paper awards

dan at geer.org dan at geer.org
Tue Sep 23 22:09:37 EDT 2014

ianG writes:
 | On 22/09/2014 05:26 am, dan at geer.org wrote:
 | >
 | > NSA's award for the best "science of security" paper published in
 | > 2013 was bestowed this past Thursday.  Here are the two papers
 | > honored (the best paper first, then the honorable mention paper).
 |

 | Nice!  I find it slightly ironic that the second paper was of far more
 | practical use to the world ;-)

Quoting from the call for nominations,

  Entries are judged on scientific merit, the strength and significance
  of the work reported, and the degree to which the papers exemplify
  how to perform and report scientific research in cybersecurity.

Note that this is an annual award, and if a similar calendar is used
for the 2014 competition, nominations will be due in March of 2015.
Sharpen your pencil(s).

--dan