[Cryptography] [cryptography] Email encryption for the wider public

Maarten Billemont lhunath at lyndir.com
Wed Sep 17 15:18:41 EDT 2014

On 17 September 2014 09:43, Henry Augustus Chamberlain <
henryaugustuschamberlain at gmail.com> wrote:

> Using keys as addresses would remove the need for the user to understand
> public keys, encryption and digital signatures: everything would "just
> work" automatically - without compromising security in any way.

I'm not sure I understand what problem you've just solved.  Senders still
need to generate a keypair and encrypt their mail, receivers still need to
decrypt their mail.  All you've done is remove key lookup and replaced it
with a From: header.

--
*Maarten Billemont* (lhunath)
me: http://www.lhunath.com – business: http://www.lyndir.comhttp://masterpasswordapp.com