[Cryptography] List of Proven Secure Ciphers / Hashes

Sandy Harris sandyinchina at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 12:24:14 EDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 2:44 AM, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 11:01 AM, Lodewijk andré de la porte
> <l at odewijk.nl> wrote:
>> There's proofs with the right assertions, which is all proofs usually are.
>
>> What would proving AES even mean? Did anyone ever prove a cipher to be
>> secure?

The Blum-Blum-Shub algorithm for generating random numbers,
given a good key and a secure system to run on, is provably
secure.

There's a paper by Even & Mansour proving security for an
XOR-permutation-XOR structure, and many follow-up papers
on variants of the scheme or attacks on it; none of the attacks
violate Even & Mansour's bound, though some reach it. I have
proposed a cipher using that structure:
https://aezoo.compute.dtu.dk/doku.php?id=enchilada