[Cryptography] Best internet crypto clock: hmmmmm...

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Fri Oct 31 14:57:42 EDT 2014

On Fri, 31 Oct 2014, Harald Hanche-Olsen wrote:

> Are you perhaps thinking of the so-called EURion constellation?
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EURion_constellation

That *could* be it; I'd heard a few different versions of the story that
some copiers would not do currency, and naturally the banks themselves are
going to be less than forthcoming about their techniques (just like in the
crypto world).

Personally, I was baffled about copiers refusing to print greenbacks;
aren't they all the same colour anyway?  I can just imagine the algorithm:

    if hue_is_greenback
    then
	select from (refuse, greyscale, invert)
	    with optional call_SS()
    fi

against which the obvious attack is of course:

    vary_hue_until_success

Sorry for my horrible pseudo-code...

--
Dave Horsfall (VK2KFU)  "Bliss is a MacBook with a FreeBSD server."
http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there)