[Cryptography] Arduino Enigma simulator

Bear bear at sonic.net
Sat Oct 25 15:42:15 EDT 2014

On Sun, 2014-10-26 at 07:11 +1300, Peter Gutmann wrote:
> For those who want a workalike Enigma without shelling out a fortune for the
> real thing:
>
> https://www.tindie.com/products/ArduinoEnigma/arduino-enigma-simulator-simulates-enigma-i-m3-and-m4-machines/
>
> Peter.

Cute.

If there is sufficient interest from the community in paying some
more "reasonable" rates for working mechanical replicas of these
antiques, I have a tiny little machine shop adjoining my study
and would be amused/interested in constructing a few.

They'd still be expensive, you must understand; there are a lot
of mechanical bits that I'd have to individually mill or cast.
It would entail a lot of very tedious hand work.  And I might
be forced to use brass in a few places where the originals had
steel due to limitations on the hardest metals my desktop CNC
mill can handle.

They wouldn't be as historically significant as the actual antiques
of course; but they wouldn't be as expensive either.

You'd be on your own if you wanted to add a parallel port or USB
interface.

			Bear