[Cryptography] Samsung Knox

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Fri Oct 24 05:53:09 EDT 2014

Jerry Leichter <leichter at lrw.com> writes:

>Samsung proudly announced that "Samsung Galaxy Devices based on KNOX platform
>are the First Consumer Mobile Devices NIAP-Validated and Approved for U.S.
>Government Classified Use"

While this again much confirms my opinion of the value of security
certification programs (although the fact that it was CC did surprise me
slightly, I would have expected it from FIPS 140 but I thought CC was a bit
better than that), I wonder what'll happen to the certification?  Will it be
withdrawn, or will the issue just be ignored.

Peter.