[Cryptography] [messaging] Gossip doesn't save Certificate Transparency

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Tue Oct 14 20:46:28 EDT 2014

On 10/13/14 at 12:20 PM, leichter at lrw.com (Jerry Leichter) wrote:

>>* We can't even ship a complete list of revoked keys in our CRLSets,
>>for size reasons — forget about pins for all sites.
>Why?  I did the calculation in my original posting.  You can
>cover the top 100,000 sites in 30MB.  That's the size of a
>couple of image files used to make the browser demos look nice.

Here I'm sitting, using my phone for Internet with a 2 gig limit
before the charges start coming in. I avoid 30MB downloads like
the plague.

At home, with "unlimited" (i.e. how much bandwidth does DSL have
anyway), I would feel differently. I also have friends with only
dialup, and they will indeed feel very differently from me.

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz        | Truth and love must prevail  | Periwinkle
(408)356-8506      | over lies and hate.          | 16345
Englewood Ave
www.pwpconsult.com |               - Vaclav Havel | Los Gatos,
CA 95032