[Cryptography] What Is Good Encryption Software?

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Fri Nov 28 08:25:36 EST 2014

Reader asks: What Is Good Encryption Software?

http://cryptome.org/2014/11/what-is-good-crypto.htm

I have contacted you asking about certain security questions.
After reading a few of the Snowden leaked documents, I have
started to be more aware of my privacy being at risk. I have a
few questions concerning certain programs and safety tips.

First, I've recently started to doubt about my encryption software.
Is Symantec's "PGP Endpoint" a good hard drive encryption software?

In other words, is it trustworthy since it is an American company.
And if not, what encryption software is the best for Mac.

Second, is "ProtonMail" as secure as they say it is? If not, what
email provider doesen't let the NSA see into my account.

Third, is Jetico inc's "Bestcrypt Container Encryption" trustworthy?
If not, what could be an alternative.

Fourth, are these encryption types good? Blowfish, Gost & AES - 256bit.
And which encryption type remains the best above all?

Last, is Kaspersky a good anti-virus software? If not, which one is the
best for Mac.

-----

Important, difficult questions, likely to produce a range of answers.
We will publish for answers.