[Cryptography] FW: IAB Statement on Internet Confidentiality

Henry Baker hbaker1 at pipeline.com
Wed Nov 19 21:23:06 EST 2014

At 05:17 PM 11/19/2014, grarpamp wrote:
>It's about 'must encrypt' and turning plaintext completely off NOW!
>Flip the crypto switch, from off to on. Don't ask, don't tell, just do it.
>
>Mail providers and web services... turn plaintext off!

Perhaps "cryptography at metzdowd.com" could get people comfortable
with cryptography by encrypting all of its messages using PGP or
equivalent ?

At the very least we could authenticate the contents of the
messages in this email list.

Also, the email could include a hash of the previous one, so
that no one could delete or insert a message without everyone
noticing.

Publish a public key for submissions; use this one or another
key for authentication.