[Cryptography] SUBMIT is not SMTP, was IAB Statement on Internet Confidentiality

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Wed Nov 19 20:03:31 EST 2014

On Wed, 19 Nov 2014, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:

> This is the cryptography list.  I think we can have naive discussion of
> email protocols and infrastructure somewhere else.

OK, I'll try and drag it back to cryptography, so...

>  *  While this could have been nefarious, it is far more likely an
>     anti-spam measure.  Of course opinions about whether anti-spam
>     measures by ISPs are nefarious or not vary.

Is there any evidence of spammers using STARTTLS?  That would take an
unbelievable amount of sophistication on their (the spamware authors)
part.

--
Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU)  "Bliss is a MacBook with a FreeBSD server."
http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there)