[Cryptography] New free TLS CA coming

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Tue Nov 18 21:56:37 EST 2014

> What the hell does that mean? "As much as possible" sounds to me like "not
> everything".

Yes, it means that ISRG will not commit to making every single bit of source available. For example, the system might use a RAID disk whose controller is private source. Or it might use a tamper-proof HSM where the vendor does not give out the source.  And for most of the people in the world, that will be okay.  But one or two with loud voices will complain "you promised to give all the source."

So ISRG is setting realistic and achievable goals.

Sometimes the attitudes expressed by colleagues in my field depress me.

	/r$

--
Principal Security Engineer, Akamai Technologies
IM: rsalz at jabber.me Twitter: RichSalz