[Cryptography] IAB Statement on Internet Confidentiality

Jay Sulzberger jays at panix.com
Tue Nov 18 15:05:17 EST 2014

On Tue, 18 Nov 2014, John Levine <johnl at iecc.com> wrote:

< ... />

> Am I really the only person here who is interested in what actually
> happened, as opposed to what hypothetically might happen on some
> non-existent network at some time in the unknown future?

< ... />

> R's,
> John

Once the practice was to have a special email address to which
questions about the mail service provided by the entity,
university department, for profit corporation, non-profit
organization, etc., could be addressed, with some hope of answer.
I think there is at least one RFC which specifies the protocol
here.  So one who is interested might send an email to the
address of the Big ISP.

If there is no answer, then a paper and ink mail might be sent to
the head of the ISP, with copies to the state public utility
commission, the FTC, and the FCC.

oo--JS.