[Cryptography] Who's solving difficult security problems

Jerry Leichter leichter at lrw.com
Fri Nov 7 07:31:27 EST 2014

From an article a couple of weeks ago in "Krebs on Security" discussing Google's support Universal 2nd Factor USB devices protect accounts, which then goes on to mention Apple Pay, and makes the point:

"I find it remarkable that Google, Apple and other major tech companies continue to offer more secure and robust authentication options than are currently available to consumers by their financial institutions. I, for one, will be glad to see Apple, Google or any other legitimate player give the entire mag-stripe based payment infrastructure a run for its money. They could hardly do worse."

                                                       -- Jerry