[Cryptography] Security of wireless keyboards and mices.

Phillip Hallam-Baker phill at hallambaker.com
Mon Nov 3 14:09:21 EST 2014

Has anyone looked into the security of these devices?

Given experience with car locks, garage door openers, etc., I am not
expecting the results to be good.

The reason my interest was piqued was a journalist inquiring about the
alleged takeover of a Benghazzzzi conspiracy theorist's laptop. I
suspect that particular case is most likely explained by the device
being paired to a bluetooth keyboard that a cat decided to sit on. But
I have been thinking about the wider case.

Logitech claim to have 128 bit AES. But what do the doofus vendors use?