[Cryptography] Fork of TrueCrypt

dj at deadhat.com dj at deadhat.com
Fri May 30 14:07:22 EDT 2014

> I see that Matthew Green, the guy behind the TrueCrypt audit, is
> considering doing a fork of TrueCrypt.
>
> I encourage this!  I also would like to contribute, as the current version
> of TrueCrypt has poor password security IMO, and needs an upgrade anyway.
>
> Is there someplace where interested geeks can discuss this fork?  Is here
> the right place?
>
> Bill

This is the right place to discuss the deeper crypto aspects.

People might be interested in the Honey Encryption paper presented at
EuroCrypt earlier this month. It claims to provide a way of encrypting the
password such that a brute force attack will hit many plausible but wrong
plaintexts before succeeding.