[Cryptography] Truecrypt removed by authors

Bill Cox waywardgeek at gmail.com
Thu May 29 06:55:24 EDT 2014

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 6:26 AM, Bill Cox <waywardgeek at gmail.com> wrote:

> The even dumber defense from geeks on their forum of their weak password
> hashing is one of those things that make me suspect NSA shills.  However,
> it's hard to distinguish intentional manipulation away from decent security
> from good old fashion stupidity.

I particularly enjoyed the repeated claim that the 512-bit password hash
stored in a TrueCrypt header provides unbreakable security against all
brute-force password guessing attacks, regardless of password strength.
 The large salt value was also repeatedly pointed out as being particularly
secure :-)

Bill