[Cryptography] New slogan for the NSA

Steve Furlong demonfighter at gmail.com
Mon May 26 09:07:21 EDT 2014

On Sun, May 25, 2014 at 5:01 PM, Stuart Longland <
stuartl at longlandclan.yi.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Apr 2014 11:09:59 -0400, Jerry Leichter wrote:
>> It just hit me today, and I had to share it
>>
>> "We're the NSA.  We hear you."
>>
>> Now I'm trying to come up with the poster on which to put that slogan.

> I read that and immediately thought of Maxwell Smart holding a shoe to
his ear.

Not threatening enough, I think. It points up the uselessness and probable
ineptitude nicely.

I was thinking more along the lines of a guy smiling slightly and nodding,
like you would if you were listening to a friend complain about his boss or
sports team or whatever. Connected, of course, to people on the phone or on
their computers. Maybe imply that the NSA guy is listening in on a board
room discussion. Alas, I can't make such a poster myself. My talents,
manifold and awe-inspiring though they be, are not strong in the area of
graphic arts.

--
Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet. -- Arnaud-Amaury, 1209