[Cryptography] [cryptography] Is it time for a revolution to replace TLS?

ianG iang at iang.org
Mon May 19 13:04:30 EDT 2014

On 19/05/2014 13:01 pm, John Kemp wrote:
> On 05/19/2014 07:53 AM, ianG wrote:
>> Hi John
>
> [...]
>
>> [0]  well, Bitcoin has shown one way... ;)
>
> Heh :) Thanks to Lynn's history lesson, I am reminded of the days when
> "micropayments" were last going to revolutionize commerce (on the web).

Lol... any business person worth salt can do the numbers to show that
micropayments is a non-starter.  Doesn't work, never has, never will,
but every couple of years there is a fool who thinks they can change the
maths.

> And along came SSL, combined with the lowering of transaction fees by
> the credit cartel...

Yeah.  And Paypal which was going to revolutionise payments and put the
central banks out of business, and and and.

Part of the problem is that the winners get to rewrite history.  From a
professional pov we have to strip out the rewrite to get to the facts.

Which brings us full circle back to SSL... my old rant below ;-)

iang

ps; http://financialcryptography.com/mt/archives/000609.html