[Cryptography] Cryptography topic for Research Paper

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Thu May 8 09:50:42 EDT 2014

On Thu, 8 May 2014, Sanjeet Suhag wrote:

> First, thank you all for replying to my question asking for a research
> topic for my extended essay. It was great to take inputs from people
> with substantial knowledge of cryptography.

I'd still suggest covering crypto in general, if only to get people aware
of the need for it; the security of entire nations depends upon it (such
as the famous Hot Line betwixt the White House and the Kremlin).

Unless you're talking to a crypto audience (in which case you'd better
have done your homework, otherwise they will rip you apart), just keep it
general.

Quantum crypto is still worth a brief mention (just to get them
interested), but it's still lab-only, and probably will not be deployed in
my life-time (I'm hitting 62).

-- Dave