[Cryptography] BLAKE2: "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" Than MD5

tpb-crypto at laposte.net tpb-crypto at laposte.net
Tue Mar 25 18:08:30 EDT 2014

> Message du 24/03/14 19:09
> De : "Jerry Leichter"
> A : tpb-crypto at laposte.net
> > Some of my customers demand such solutions, shouldn't we develop a protocol for piggy-backing crypto over crypto? It would be a cool thing.
> Maybe. And maybe we should have a protocol for those super-secure million-bit-key ciphers we keep hearing about. :-(
>
> Just because people demand it doesn't mean it's a good idea. First you need to find a piggy-backing method that has meaningful security benefits. Then we can talk about a protocol.

Since I'm merely a code monkey and not a cryptographer, all that I can do is encrypt a stream and then apply another level of encryption over it by using a different algorithm.

I know you guys don't like this approach, yet I have got no references on how to make it better. All I know is that if the first layer is broke, the would-be attacker will get another jumbled stream and will have to start all over again.

The idea of my question is, can we do that in a proper manner? What proper manner is that, exactly?