[Cryptography] We need a new encryption algorithm competition.

Krisztián Pintér pinterkr at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 03:47:53 EDT 2014

Tony Arcieri (at Wednesday, March 19, 2014, 12:09:29 AM):

> Flood the weakest link with TCP traffic, and it will drop your UDP packets on the floor.
> http://www.delaat.net/rp/2010-2011/p48/report.pdf

quote from the linked article:

"Overall, for the current implementation, the CurveCP latency penalty,
while present, seems negligibly small."

another quote from there:

"and the former possibly being handled differently in internet
routers."

it is just a configuration issue, not a protocol issue. so the
question looks like this: either we choose a more DoS sensitive
protocol or we reconfigure our routers. which one is it?