[Cryptography] How to build trust in crypto (was:recommending ChaCha20 instead of RC4)

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Tue Mar 18 19:43:40 EDT 2014

Bear <bear at sonic.net> writes:

>One could however do D-H over the Interlock protocol, and reduce our MITM to
>a simple endpoint.

The problem with Interlock is that it doubles the number of exchanges
required.  Fortunately there's a simple optimisation that addresses this, you
just need to bundle the two message halves into the same exchange.  If there's
any interest in this optimisation I can probably get an RFC for it out by
about April 1.

Peter.