[Cryptography] We need a new encryption algorithm competition.

tpb-crypto at laposte.net tpb-crypto at laposte.net
Tue Mar 18 19:01:22 EDT 2014

> On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 1:44 PM, ianG  wrote:
>
> > Further, in some sort of foreseeable future, CAESAR comes out and we now
> > have a suite of AE algorithms, so even ChaCha/Poly is starting to look
> > like last year's fashion, not cool.
>

> AES-GCM is arguably good enough. I wish more effort were invested in
> creating a new, modern TLS stack that isn't completely terrible, or
> creating a protocol to replace TLS which is built atop CAESAR-style
> authenticated stream ciphers.
>
> If I were to try to create a crypto contest, its goal would be to create a
> better transport encryption protocol.
>
> --
> Tony Arcieri

New crypto systems cannot come from the guys that create standards, they have shown time and again that they cannot be trusted. What is that new invention called "trusted proxy"? Are they serious that we will think about adopting a "standard" like that? (sorry, I can't resist the "scare quotes")

New and good crypto systems will come from people that make and eat their own food as usual. I'm writing a very long e-mail with a proposal about it. I code and you guys tell me where I'm doing something wrong.

But I won't send the proposal before it is well researched and finished, neither will I use this e-mail address for it. I'm still searching an e-mail service that I can trust.