[Cryptography] recommending ChaCha20 instead of RC4 (RC4 again)

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Fri Mar 14 21:02:40 EDT 2014

On 3/14/14 at 9:58 PM, pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz (Peter Gutmann) wrote:

>The problem this runs into is that in the embedded world security is job #9,
>after reliability/availability, reliability/availability,
>reliability/availability, reliability/availability, reliability/availability,
>reliability/availability, reliability/availability, and
>reliability/availability.

Well, since reliability is the same issue as security, security
should be job one. :-)

Seriously, you can't have security without having reliability
and you can't have reliability with our having security. Systems
that fall to attacks just aren't reliable.

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz        | Airline peanut bag: "Produced  | Periwinkle
(408)356-8506      | in a facility that processes   | 16345
Englewood Ave
www.pwpconsult.com | peanuts and other nuts." - Duh | Los Gatos,
CA 95032